Things to do
- Take a walk along the beach, up the river or through the hills.
- Explore the pristine dune forest and climb an ancient Milkwood Tree.
- Gaze out at the incredible 180-degree views. Look for Whales, Dolphins, Zambezi Sharks, Loggerhead Tutles
- Bird watch to your hearts content and spot our extremely rare resident White Eared Barbets and magnificent Fish Eagles.
- Take a guided tour to two local Nature Reserves and see some of the plentiful game while you hike through these beautiful protected areas..
- Paddle up the river or down some rapids on our guided river tours.
- Head out to sea on a boat to look for whales and catch some fish with uncle Roger.
- Explore deep into the wilderness with our quad bike tours and find some secret spots.
- Grab a cocktail or ice cold beer from the bar.
- Order some delicious meals from our on site beach café.
- Laze around the swimming pools soaking up the sun.
- Browse through our beach shop and buy some handcrafted jewelry.
- Play a round of pool.
- Maybe a round of table tennis.
- Have a nap in one of the many hammocks in the garden.
- Curl up with a book from our Library.
- Connect to our fast WiFi and catch up with family and friends.
- Find some beautiful shells, maybe you will find one of the treasured Nautilus shells that wash up.
- Sit around a beach bonfire and play your drum for the stars.
- Make some new friends and share some stories.
- Have a braai. And practice saying ‘Nou gaan ons braai’.
Sensayuma Hikes and Walking Tours
- Beach and forest guided hike. An easy way to explore the local area around the Backpackers and get some cool views.
- Harold Johnson Nature Reserve hikes. This local reserve has a medicinal plant hike and a longer hike through the untouched forest.
- Amatikulu Nature Reserve hikes and paddling tours. Enjoy game viewing from foot or paddle around the huge estuary enjoying the birdlife and excellent fishing.
Sensayuma Fishing Trips
- Deep sea fishing boat charters. Fish for bottom fish and enjoy being out in the ocean, maybe spot a whale or some dolphins.
Sensayuma Cultural/Historical/Environmental Tours
- The Epic Tour. Visit Shakaland and experience Zulu Culture, History and Dance and have a traditional lunch. Then walk across the Dlinza aerial forest boardwalk and climb the viewpoint tower. Then relax with a local ‘Zulu Blonde’ craft beer.